The Rookie Manager
A Guide To Surviving Your First Year In ManagementeBook - 2000
"For all new managers who are stressed out over how they're going to handle their new responsibilities, The Rookie Manager is the next best thing to a Swedish massage--the perfect stress-reducer.
This indispensable guide prepares inexperienced managers for the realities of today's fast-paced business environment, providing real-world information that helps readers relax comfortably into their new managerial positions. Topics covered include:
* Understanding the manager's role
* Managing former peers
* Choosing a management style
* Daily planning
* Leadership and coaching
* Managing a team * Motivating people to do their best
* Making tough decisions
* Delegating work
* Hiring and orienting new employees
* Conducting performance appraisals
* Disciplining and terminating employees
* Building communication skills--both up and down the hierarchical ladder, and more."