Washington, DCBook - 2015
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Washington, D.C. is your in-depth guide to the very best of the District of Columbia. Experience all that the United States' capital has to offer, from the Smithsonian museums to the historic district of Capitol Hill to the quaint streets of Georgetown -- and everything in-between.
Additionally, this revised and updated travel guide for Washington, D.C., covers areas outside of the city for those looking to explore historic Civil War battlefields or hike the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Washington, D.C. :* Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
* Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
* Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
* Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances .
* Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
* Area maps marked with sights and restaurants .
* Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation .
* Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
* Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city .
* Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Washington, D.C. truly shows you the nation's capital as no one else can.
Recommend: For a pocket guidebook to Washington, D.C., check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Washington, D.C. , which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.